This last week, KSL published an article discussing the the benefits of owning vs. renting a home. We’d like to supplement the useful information in that article by outlining five significant benefits of building a home. Building a home is a thrilling opportunity that only comes around once-in-a-lifetime for many people. It offers many benefits that you can’t receive by buying an existing home. Here are five major reasons you should consider building a new home today:
1. Customization. One of the biggest benefits of building your own home is that you can build it exactly like you want to. You get to decide on your favorite floor plan, carpet, paint colors, and fixtures. You can even decide where you want your electrical outlets to be! This decision-making process is one of our favorite parts of the building process too. We love helping our clients make their dream homes a reality.
2. Tax Breaks. The IRS provides many tax deductions for home builders to stimulate our economy and offset the expenses of building a home. It’s important to keep this in mind before you start building so that you can plan to meet the requirements. At Centurion Homes, we keep these tax breaks in mind as we tackle every part of the home construction process. Click here for a list of the tax credits available to new home builders.
3. Energy Efficiency. As an ENERGY STAR certified contractor, we have significant experience with building homes that qualify for ENERGY STAR requirements and rebates. ENERGY STAR homes have a better enclosure system, high efficiency heating and cooling systems, comprehensive water management system, and energy efficient lighting and appliances. Building an ENERGY STAR certified home will not only save you money with rebates and maintenance costs, but it will also add to the value of your home.
4. Fewer repairs and less maintenance. The features of a new home will hold up better than existing homes in the face of weather and regular wear and tear. Centurion Homes uses the most efficient and modern construction methods combined with the best materials, making future repairs and maintenance on your home less frequent.
5. Warranty. At Centurion Homes, we offer a one-year warranty on all of the work we do on your home. If your roof starts leaking or your heater breaks down during this warranty period, we will pick up the cost for repairs. This is a major asset for homeowners that alleviates a lot of stress and worry.
So there you have it! Contact us today to start into the process of building your dream home.