Just over half of Americans use smart phones– a major indication that the possession of mobile phones has affected all aspects of our lives. Even in construction and home design– the use of smart phones and their apps make the construction process run more smoothly. Here are five apps that will make the planning, decision, and execution of your home projects more effective.
1. Brightnest. This free app has quick cleaning tips, tutorials for how to do basic home maintenance tasks, schedules for maintenance, and to-do lists for your home. For more information, click here.
2. iHandly Level. Have a crooked picture? Use this app to level it so that it hangs straight on your wall. Click here to download.
3. Houzz. There are actually a lot of apps designed to help inspire you when you’re looking to redesign a room. Houzz is the best one to download because it has the most ideas and designs of any app with a plethora of photos to go with. You can scroll though the photos, view local trends, and save pictures. You can even check out our profile (here) on Houzz! Click here to download the app.
4. Painting apps. Do you see a shade of a color that you’d like to see as paint on your wall? Use Benjamin Moore’s Color Capture or Behr’s ColorSmart apps to capture your favorite colors and determine which paint colors match.
5. Mark on Call. Though a little more pricey ($2.99 for iPhones or $4.99 for iPads), this app is the best app to turn to when you’re planning out space proportions in a room. Input measurements for rooms, tables, chairs, and other furniture, and the app will help you determine how the room could potentially look. Now, you don’t have to look at a chair and think, “Would that even fit in my room?” The app also includes a shopping list, a tool for measuring between two points in a room. Click here for more information.